What I’m Reading Lately
I used to set a reading list to start each new year. That idea quickly got hijacked every single year so now I just share what I’m currently reading. If it’s good, I finish it. If it’s marginal, the mental jury inside may throw it out before I’m done.
If it’s a good book, I post a review of it. I’ve never reviewed a bad book, and nobody pays me to review any books.
This is what I’m reading through lately…
Completed reading in 2015:
- On Writing (Stephen King) – Fantastic read for any aspiring writer. Fair warning: explicit content.
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (Simon Sinek) – I’d recommend this book to any leader, entrepreneur, or idea developer.
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable (Seth Godin) – Exceptional read by the marketing guru of our time. I highly recommend this for anyone looking to create conversation-worthy products or services.
- The Art of War (Sun Tzu) – Very old book, a classic. I highly recommend it for anyone with executive leadership responsibilities.
- Unleashing the Ideavirus (Seth Godin) – The idea that ideas are contagious isn’t a new concept, but of course, Seth Godin shares the viral potential of a single idea in his own innovative way.
- The Crowd, the Critic, and the Muse (Michael Gungor) – If you’re any fan of the band Gungor, this is the musings of their lead singer and namesake. Well worth the read so far.
- The Elements of Style (William Strunk & E.B. White) – The “little” book on writing, as it’s often called.