I’m a huge fan of Chick-fil-A. Everything from their chicken sandwich (better than any burger, ever) to their customer service to the strategies and principles of business that Truett Cathy started with decades ago, all of it is a part of what makes Chick-fil-A so successful. The people at the Mecca of Chicken Goodness work incredibly hard to create a culture of exceptional service.
One of the most impressive parts of Chick-fil-A is their culture of leadership. Enter the Chick-fil-A Leadercast. I’ll let them tell you about in their own words though…
What is Chick-fil-A Leadercast?
Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leadership event broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, GA to hundreds of locations around the world on May 10, 2013. Strengthen your leadership by simplifying your life. SIMPLY LEAD.
Full. Our lives are full of things that we think will grow our businesses and increase our influence. We are busy – and that may, unknowingly, be holding us back. What if there was potential impact in simplifying our lives so our leadership could thrive? Leading in a complex world requires simplicity to cut through the clutter. Saying NO to what may seem good could help increase your capacity to live your life to the fullest. Join us at Chick-fil-A Leadercast as we learn to Simply Lead.
The speaker lineup says a lot about a conference’s attention to their audience. Chick-fil-A has hit a home run this year (my thoughts in parentheses):
- Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO of General Electric (Business and leadership genius)
- Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author and communicator (It’s a Christian leadership conference in Atlanta. Not inviting Andy Stanley would be like not wearing red, white, or blue on 4th of July.)
- Mike Krzyzewski, Head men’s basketball coach, Duke University and Team USA (As a Duke fan, this makes me drool.)
- John Maxwell, Best-selling author and leadership expert (See Stanley, Andy for similar response)
- Dr. Henry Cloud, Best-selling author and leadership consultant (I’m reading his book Boundaries right now. Get a copy, let it wreck your heart in a beautiful way.)
- LCDR Rorke Denver, Navy SEAL and star of the 2012 movie Act of Valor (Navy SEAL. Done.)
- Sanya Richards-Ross, 2012 London Olympic gold medalist, track & field (This is the wild card for me. I’m really curious.)
- David Allen, Best-selling author of Getting Things Done and productivity expert (A newer name in the business world, but a valuable voice to hear.)
- Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State (2005-2009), via exclusive Simply Lead video interview (In the words of my friend, she’s the U2 of women in politics. Agreed.)
Also, Chick-fil-A is proud to announce the Chick-fil-A® Leadercast® Blog App. I took a gander through it over the weekend, and I’m excited to see their new content roll out soon. It’s going to be solid gold!
Visit the main Chick-fil-A Leadercast site to find a local simulcast site, sign-up, and get more info. It’s $60 and it’s an investment in your leadership future. Do yourself a favor: don’t miss this.