Friday List – April 27, 2012
- A mother of four in Coahuila, Mexico is pregnant again… with nine babies.
- Six weeks ago Invisible Children released their Kony 2012 documentary. This past Friday was the target date to promote Kony 2012, themed Cover the Night. Now the mood seems to be… remember Kony 2012? Relevantmagazine.com has this article about Kony 2012, Invisible Children, and Slacktivism.
- Creative of the Week // Coffee Cup Art
- Photo of the Week // Cooking on a Log (Cut the log evenly on both sides so it stands up freely. Then cut it into vertical segments most of the way down the length of the log. Stuff in some newspaper into the cracks as deep as you can get it, leaving a wick at the bottom, and light it up. The log burns from the inside out, and you have a simple, handmade stove.)
- Video of the Week // Vinyl Waveform Sculpture
- Thought of the Week // Name-calling is ‘rhetorical pornography’ by Jim Daly, Russell D. Moore and Samuel Rodriguez, Special to CNN. Why Christians need to watch the names and labels they use.
- Quote of the Week // “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” – Søren Kierkegaard