Friday List – January 13, 2012
It’s Friday and snow has finally come to St. Louis. I had a good laugh driving yesterday as I passed white-knuckled people going 15 mph in their Priuses and Impalas. Let’s get the weekend started right with the Friday List.
- Mars Hill Church in Seattle is giving away their Witness font that has become a staple of them. Follow the link to download.
- Speaking of fonts… in a horrific display of typography, a group defending the use of Comic Sans font has recreated iconic logos with Comic Sans type. I’m guessing that Google will actually use this recreation for a week as some sort of back-handed reply.
- Did I mention I’m a big fan of Michael Hyatt? He shared a past post of his about slaying the three-headed dragon of lethargy at the beginning of your day. It’s three heads: spiritual, physical, and intellectual lethargy.
- Creative of the Week // Aaron Niequist’s “A New Liturgy”
- Thought of the Week // “Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Action” – Simon Sinek, TEDx @ Puget Sound, 2009.
- Video of the Week // Movie trailer for Donald Miller’s Blue Like Jazz.
- Quote of the Week // “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” – C.S. Lewis