Friday List – 11/11/11 (which is just fun to type)
It’s November 11, 2011… 11/11/11. It’s also Friday. I get to see my wife tonight. This is going to be a good day. Today is also Veteran’s Day in the US. Thank you to all the men and women who have served in the armed forces and given yourselves to maintain the freedom we experience here.
- The scandal at Penn State is one of the most heartbreaking tragedies to hit college sports. No child should ever be a victim to a predator. This situation has reminded me again that even a great icon like JoePa can make mistakes and that he’s only human.
- Just started using Spotify. Why didn’t I start sooner?
- Here’s a map of all the McDonald’s in the United States. The South is lovin’ it.
- Creative of the Week: BMW Hourglass.
- Picture of the Week: The Reincarnation of Chris Farley.
- Video of the Week: Visualizing how a population grows to 7 billion.
- Quote of the Week:
“When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them that they didn’t understand life.” — John Lennon