Friday List – October 21, 2011
It’s a beautiful Friday here in Minnesota. A lot of the leaves have fallen and the chill is in the air. Kara and I are headed to the Huskers/Gophers game tomorrow in the twin cities. For now though, let’s get to the Friday List.
- Nightline recently covered Ralph Richard Banks’ recently released controversial book, Is Marriage for White People? In his work, Banks makes the suggestion that interracial marriage may be a solution for middle-class African-American women who can’t find a suitable black husband. As a pastor and white man, I’m interested in how the Church will respond to Banks’ assertions and the ministry needs that might be connected.
- Pastor Ed Dobson recently sat down with Collide Magazine and shared about his series of films called Ed’s Story featuring his life, his year lived like Jesus, and his battle with Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Catalyst One Day Chicago is coming to Willow Creek on November 17th.
- Relevant Magazine provides 10 reasons why Christians should care about science.
- James McDonald has a great post about letting the authority of God’s Word drive a speaker’s message, not the other way around.
- Picture of the Week: Shesus Christ.
- Video of the Week: PS Power Tool – Learn the Law. I might have laughed at how they put together this video.