Friday List – April 29, 2011
- If you’re going to use a picture of the Statue of Liberty for a new postage stamp, it’s probably a good idea to use the actual Statue of Liberty and not the replica in Vegas.
- Police in Oklahoma can rest easy now that their most recent nemesis, popularly referred to only by her first name of Chewy, is behind bars. Chewy is a squirrel who has caused over $700 of damage to the interior of Oklahoma County squad cars over a two week period of time.
- Three friends took a taxi ride…from New York to L.A.
- Ever wonder how Mac and PC users compare to each other?
- Creative of the Week: NTT Docomo.
- Picture of the Week: Bumper Sticker.
- Video of the Week: The Mountain.
- Quote of the Week:
“A man and his ever-nagging wife went on a vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, “You can have her shipped home for $5,000 or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150.” The man thought about it and told the undertaker he would just have her shipped home.
The undertaker asked, “Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $150?” The man replied, “Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose again from the dead. I just can’t take that chance.”