Friday List – March 4, 2011
- Call me a conspiracy theorist but I’m starting to think that Hollywood purposefully bombs their big events like the Oscars because they get better ratings from an abysmal mess than the actual event would. #oscarsfail
- I got to meet the legendary Curly Neal of the Harlem Globetrotters on Wednesday night. It was a beautiful moment.
- Savannah, Georgia has lifted its ban on sidewalk peddling, specifically to allow the sale of Girl Scout cookies. And there was much rejoicing throughout all the land.
- Creative of the Week: The Transformation of Church on the Move (Tulsa, OK).
- Picture of the Week: Traffic Sign. (Buy a Mac and never go back.)
- Video of the Week: Manslater.
- Quote of the Week:
“President Barack Obama said Thursday that Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi “has lost the legitimacy to lead and … must leave.” – CNN article. (To some of Obama’s detractors I’m wondering if they smirked at him alluding that he’s able to determine whether someone else has legitimacy to lead. Out of context it’s funny. In context I would agree with him.)